An integrated full immersion program that includes coursework, cultural / social activities and lodging. Programs of study are designed to fulfil the students college syllabus as well as the requirements for credit transfers.
In Castila, students become part of an international group whose common language is Spanish.
- With Spanish students, families and collaborators
- In class, with experienced teachers
- Outside the class, in carefully planned activities, organized according to the students interests and the communication goals stated and run by their teachers or organizators
- 20 hours per week: Spanish Language and Culture
- Maximum of 7 participants per group
- Available activities every week:
- 2 / 3 cultural activities, run by teachers: talks, films, concerts, exhibitions, theater, group conversations, visits to the market, the library, to monuments…
- 2 / 3 available leisure activities: sports (soccer, volleyball tennis…), walking tours of the city, workshops (ceramic, environment, cooking…), paella (in the countryside, at the school), salsa classes, flamenco classes, lake swimming, party at the school, bike tour,…
- 1 trip (Saturday) to the beach, to the Sierra Nevada, to Sevilla, Cordoba, Baeza, Ubeda, Ronda.. organized by school collaborators/staff
- Optional housing organized by Castila in Spanish families, students residence or shared flats.
- Access to sports facilities
- Access to study rooms and a library
Collaboration agreements with other universities.
ECTS with the Catholic University of Murcia (UCAM)
Credit management in collaboration with the home university. The programmes are designed in accordance with the requirements proposed by the promoting teachers / Studies Abroad department. The basic programme guarantees the following objectives and monitoring / evaluation procedures:
- Exercise and progress of the communicative skill: oral and written expression, reading and auditive comprehension
- Level test on arrival
- Certificate of assistance
- Certificate of aquired Spanish level (necessary for the recognition of credits)
|Communicative skills are evaluated in class by means of tests and exams:||La actitud se evalúa de acuerdo a los siguientes criterios:|
Auditive comprehension: 15%
Oral expression: 15%
Reading comprehension: 15%
Written expression: 15%
Grammar and vocabulary 15%
*Students have to assist at least 80% to class if they need evalutation
A 90% – 100%
|B 78% – 89%|
|C 68% – 77%|
|D 60% – 67%|
|F 0% – 59%|
(half- or fullboard)
|Single room||Single room||Single room|
|Double room||Double room||Double room|
Duration: 1 - 4 weeks
Intensive immersion programme. You decide the date and duration according to your interests and the school year calendar. Please contact us for a personalised duration.
Classes: 4 classes / daily
*Recommended. Includes teaching material. Contents and evaluation according to the responsible teacher. DELE and ECTS available. Consult for other options.
Outside the classroom: 1 immersion activity daily
Out-of-classroom activities with CastiLa teachers and local ambassadors, other university students from Granada who participate in interactive activities in order to achieve real immersion.
Culture, History and Society: thematic visits and tours
Alhambra, Capilla Real, Cartuja, Hospital Real, Grafiti, Leisure, Shopping, Urban services, Sports, exploring the city cultural/traditional events…
Surrounding: one weekly excursion
Half a day or full day to discover the natural, cultural and historical values of the surrounding area: Cordoba, Seville, Baeza and Ubeda, Sierra Nevada, Sierra de Huétor, Sierra de Cazorla, Costa Tropical…
Young people and students from the University of Granada, with similar interests and concerns, motivated by intercultural experiences who collaborate with CastiLa and contribute to achieve a complete social and cultural immersion.
- Spanish hostfamily, the best partners for complete immersion
- In selected centric hotels, with staff highly committed to the objectives of the programme.
- In shared flats or student residences,
Airport pick up
- Airport Granada (GRX)
- Airport Málaga (AGP)
- Airport Madrid (MAD)
Accompanying teachers and group leaders
The success of the programme is the result of the good collaboration with the accompanying teachers who in turn often comment on their great enriching experience.
University Credits - ECTS
Adaptable for the processing of credits from the university centre of origin.
Also, recognised by UCAM for the European system of validation of university studies (ECTS).
Immersions programmes developed since 1994. There are schools/teachers who have been repeating for more than 20 years. List of University Centres with collaboration agreements with CastiLa. If you would like to know referrals, please get in touch with us.